The letters of augustus johns first wife who forfeited her art for child rearing and a most unconventional marriage make for wickedly entertaining reading. The wife of the painter augustus john adapted to his mistress moving in as she was herself stultified by conventional domesticity. The good bohemian has 7 ratings and 2 reviews aida said ida nettleship herself being a gifted artist after marrying augustus john sacrificed her art. Captivatingly fresh and intimate letters from augustus johns first wife ida reveal the untold story of married life with one of the great artists of the. Ida john lived during the end of the victorian era when morals started to become looser and society started to open up she studied art and against her familys wishes married another artist augustus john
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.