The sense of abandon defined above is a relative newcomer to the english language dating from the early 1800s but the noun itself is about 200 years older having been first used in the 1600s in the sense of the act of abandoning. 1see desert 2 2 abandon relinquish renounce mean to give up all concern in something abandon means to give up or discontinue any further interest in something because of discouragement weariness distaste or the like to abandon ones efforts relinquish implies being or feeling compelled to give up something one would prefer to keep to relinquish a long cherished desire. 2 to give up by leaving or ceasing to operate or inhabit especially as a result of danger or other impending threat abandoned the ship. Synonyms for abandon at thesauruscom with free online thesaurus antonyms and definitions find descriptive alternatives for abandon
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.